What's Happening in the Irish Aid Centre30/10/13
Loreto College Swords at the Irish Aid Centre
Our upcoming events for late autumn include:
- Concern’s seminar “From a Whisper to a Roar, AIDS in America, AIDS in Africa: Two women living with HIV demonstrate their resilience and their response”,
- A trade justice course delivered by Comhlámh,
- A creative writing course for returned development workers,
- Volunteer information sessions organised by VSO, Volunteer Ireland and Nurture Africa
- Language workshops for translators and interpreters working in the development sector,
- A book launch of “From Africa to the West” by Sahr Yambasu.
We also run daily workshops for second-level students which are ongoing until December. These 90 minute workshops on aid and food security are free of charge and aimed at CSPE and Transition Year students. The Centre’s teams are also delivering outreach workshops for third-level student primary teachers in St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra and Marino Institute of Education as well as workshops here at the Centre for groups from UCD and Trinity. Teachers and lecturers who would like to book a workshop for their class or group please contact Ruth Powell on 01 854 69 32.
We will also be hosting three exhibitions this autumn: Irish Aid’s “Northern Voices” Exhibition which marks and reflects on programme achievements, challenges and values of people of the Northern Province in Zambia and the people of Ireland; Concern’s “1000 Days Exhibition”; and Plan Ireland’s “Her Story”.
The Centre is open from 10.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday if you would like to drop-in to ask a question, view the exhibitions or just say hello!
We look forward to seeing you soon.