Come Visit Irish Aid at the Ploughing Championships14/9/16
Irish Aid are looking forward to meeting thousands of visitors at the Irish Aid stand during the National Ploughing Championships next week in Screggan, Tullamore, from September 20-22. Come visit the Irish Aid stand and find out more about the Government's overseas aid programme, and the important work carried out in developing countries on behalf of the Irish people.
Lots of fun activities will be happening at our stand over the next three days:
- Win some prizes by doing the Irish Aid quiz! Learn about the Irish Aid programme and win a prize if you get all the answers right. Don't worry, the answers to all the questions are hidden around out stand, so you can easily find the facts you need.
- Join in one of our Drumming workshops! Learn how to play a wide variety of African drums with our brilliant drumming teacher.
- Bring the kids to our Children's Area with mask-colouring! Learn a bit about African culture while colouring in an African mask or a khanga. What's a khanga? Come to the tent and find our!
- Find out more about our work in our Key Partner Countries
- Questions Questions Questions! Please come with all your questions about the Irish Aid programme. Our staff would love to talk to you.
Call in, bang some drums, win some prizes and learn about the Irish Aid programme!
This year, our stand will be in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Pavilion and our colleagues from out Trade, Passport and Consular offices will also have their own stands. So you can also find out more about how the Department promotes trade opportunities with Ireland around the world, how to apply for a passport card, and handy tips for travelling abroad, including how to register your travel plans with an Embassy.